- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2/3 cup dried cherries
- 2/3 cup Marsala wine
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 6 ounce skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1/3 cup finely chopped shallits
- 1/2 tablespoon dried thyme or 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- Combine cherries and Marsala in a small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at high for 45 seconds, and set aside.
- 2. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook for 4 minutes on each side. Remove chicken from pan, sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt & 1/4 pepper. Cover and keep warm in 200ºF oven.
- 3. Add butter to pan and cook until butter melts. Add shallots and thyme; sauté 1 minute or until tender. Stir in broth, scraping pan lightly to loosen browned bits. Add cherry mixture and remaining salt and pepper. Add chicken, cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 3 minutes. Serve chicken with sauce.
- Serve with either whole grain pasta or brown rice pilaf and steamed vegetables.
20+ Pumpkin Recipes!
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. Welch
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013See More
Broccoli Chicken Casserole
SLOW COOKER BBQ COUNTRY RIBS
TUNA PARFAIT ON JAPANESE SWEET POTATO TEMPURA AND TEMPURA GREEN ONIONS WITH SAKE SOY GLAZESee More