- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2/3 cup dried cherries
- 2/3 cup Marsala wine
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 6 ounce skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1/3 cup finely chopped shallits
- 1/2 tablespoon dried thyme or 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- Combine cherries and Marsala in a small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at high for 45 seconds, and set aside.
- 2. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook for 4 minutes on each side. Remove chicken from pan, sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt & 1/4 pepper. Cover and keep warm in 200ºF oven.
- 3. Add butter to pan and cook until butter melts. Add shallots and thyme; sauté 1 minute or until tender. Stir in broth, scraping pan lightly to loosen browned bits. Add cherry mixture and remaining salt and pepper. Add chicken, cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 3 minutes. Serve chicken with sauce.
- Serve with either whole grain pasta or brown rice pilaf and steamed vegetables.