CHICKEN IN POTATO NESTS
- Cooking Time: 30-35
- Servings: 6
- 4-1/2 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 cups milk
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
In a bowl, combine the potatoes, butter, salt and pepper.
Press into six greased 10-oz. custard cups; set aside.
In a saucepan, saute onion in butter.
Add the flour, bouillon, Worcestershire sauce and basil.
Stir in the milk. bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
Add chicken and peas.
Spoon into prepared crusts.
Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 30-35 minutes or until crust is golden brown.