- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time:
- Ingredients3 tablespoons olive oil
- 12 medium fresh sage leaves, thinly sliced, plus 1 teaspoon chopped sage
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 8 ounces (about 1 cup) chicken or turkey livers, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup Madeira
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 12 baguette slices, toasted
- Additional whole sage leaves (optional) PreparationLine plate with paper towels.
- Heat oil in medium skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add sliced sage; sauté until crisp, about 30 seconds.
- Using slotted spoon, transfer sauteed sage to paper towels.
- Add onion to same skillet; sauté until golden, about 3 minutes.
- Add garlic, chopped liver, and 1 teaspoon chopped sage.
- Stir until liver is no longer red, about 3 minutes. Increase heat to high, add Madeira, and cook until wine has evaporated, about 2 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper. Divide liver mixture among baguette slices.
- Top with sautéed sage.
- Serve crostini on bed of fresh sage leaves, if desired
NotesA great way to use the liver from your Thanksgiving turkey. (The turkey liver alone won't be enough—you'll have to mix in a few chicken livers.)Another favorite recipefrom
Bon Appétit | November 2007
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Vegan Glass Jar Goodies
Angel Acres Soup & Chili Cookbook
KITCHEN CAUCUS Conservative CreationsSee More
Chicken Cordon Bleu
Fudgy Caramel DelightSee More