Chicken on the Ritz
Why I Love This Recipe
This was brought into the family by my aunt. It's a simple but very delicious caserole that we have for many special occassions. I hope you find it as warm and filling as we do.
Ingredients You'll Need
2 large cans cream of chicken soup (you can also sub 1 can of cream of mushroom)
1 large container sour cream
1.5 lbs white meat chicken diced and cooked
2 tubes ritz crackers
1 stick butter, melted
1. Combine condensed soups and sour cream and warm it through. Make sure it is thoroughly combined. Taste for richness. If it tastes too much like sour cream you might want to add a small can of condensed soup, if it's too soupy you might want to add a couple tablespoons of sour cream. It should be a very pale yellow.
2. Add chicken and warm it through.
3. Crush one tube of ritz and place on the bottom of a regular cake pan (9x13), cover with half of melted butter. If it doesn't all fit into one you might want to consider one cake pan and another 9x9 or something.
4. Crush the tube of ritz and place over the top, cover with melted butter.
5. Bake at 350 for about 40 minutes or until it bubbles around the sides.
6. Serve over white or brown rice and enjoy!