- Cooking Time: 23
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time:
- 4 chicken breasts halves, deboned and skinned
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 firm apples, such as Braeburn or Fuji, cored, halved and cut 1/2 inch slices
- 1 1/2 cup apple juice
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- Place each chicken breast half between two sheets of wax paper and pound with the flat side of a meat mallet until about 3/4 inch thick.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium high heat and sauté the chicken until golden, about 4 minutes per side.
- Add the apple slices, apple juice, onions, garlic, thyme and salt.
- Cover and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Remove the chicken, apple slices and onion to an oven proof serving platter and keep warm.
- Bring the sauce to a boil for about 5 minutes.
- Whisk in the mustard.
- Pour the sauce over the chicken and serve.
NotesMy wife saw this recipe in a magazine and clipped it out. It looked great for the most part, but had to make just a few changes. It is a simple recipe with a delicate flavor.
Great companions are wild rice and steamed vegetables.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
BakeSpace's Community Cookbook Live Demonstration at SXSW
The Lizz Delicious Cookbook Vol. 1
Second Grade Holiday CookbookSee More
pistachio cranberry icebox cookies
Teeny Tiny Italian Meat-loaves
Mom's Holiday Stove Top StuffingSee More