- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 1/2 cups olive oil
- 6 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil (or rosemary) leaves
- Grated zest of 2 lemons
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 (3-pound) chickens, butterflied (Or a few pounds of chicken thighs)
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 2 tsp. coarsely ground black pepper
- Combine the oil, garlic, basil, zest, and a sprinkling of salt and pepper in a blender and blend until smooth. Place the chickens in a large dish or a sealable plastic bag, pour half of the oil mixture over the chickens, and turn to coat. (Refrigerate the remaining marinade.) Cover the chickens and refrigerate for at least 4 hours and up to overnight (which is what I did). Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before cooking.
- Heat your grill to medium. (I used charcoals instead)
- Remove the chickens from the marinade and season with salt and pepper. Grill until the skin forms a crust and pulls away from the grate, 8-10 minutes. Turn the chickens over, close the grill hood, and grill, basting with the reserved marinade until just cooked through, about 15 minutes more. (Less if using chicken thighs)
- Remove the chickens to a cutting board and let rest for 10 minutes. Mix together the cheese and black pepper. If using butterflied chickens, cut the chickens in half, and then in half again, using poultry shears or a heavy knife. Transfer to a platter or serving plates, sprinkle with the cheese mixture, and serve immediately.
NotesAnother tasty Bobby Flay recipe for summer. Add more cheese if you are a cheese fanatic like I am." Bobby Flay - Chicken with Basil-Lemon-Garlic Oil, Parmesan, and Black Pepper
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Happy Father's Day Day... Your Favorite Recipes
Gluten Free Baking With KitchenAid: 33 Bloggers Share GF Treats!
Cupcake Wars Winning Blueberry Pancake Cupcake RecipeSee More
Hungarian Beef Paprika
Fresh Tuna Tacos
RICH BLUEBERRY BARSSee More