- Cooking Time: 10 minutes
- Preparation Time: 5 minutes
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless/skinless chicken breast
- 2-3 tbls hoisen sauce
- 2 tbls soy sauce
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp sherry or 1/2 tsp of rice wine vinegar
- 1 tbl cornstarch
- 1 can water chestnuts
- 1/2 - 1 cup roasted, unsalted cashews
- seasame oil
- Cut up the chicken into bite sized chunks or stirfry slices (thin and longish).
- Toss it with the cornstarch and sherry or vinegar.
- Mix together the hoisin, sugar and soy sauce.
- Heat up a nonstick stirfry pan or skillet with some oil to medium-high.
- Brown the chicken.
- When the chicken is almost done add the sauce mixture.
- Cook over medium heat until the sauce is as thick as you like it
- Add the water chestnuts.
- Cook for a little longer (1 minute or so) then add the cashews.
- Stir it up and serve over rice, sprinkle a little seasame oil over the top right before serving.
NotesI got this recipe off the back of a jar of hoisin sauce. I don't remember what brand because I have never been able to find it again, which is too bad because it was really good. But this recipe is great, it's wicked simple and delicious. If you like your sauce rich use 3 tablespoons of hoisin, otherwise just use 2. If you like lots of sauce add one more tablespoon each of soy sauce and hoisin and a half a teaspoon of sugar and there should be plenty.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Super Buddies Homemade Doggie TreatsSee More
Tabouleh (Cracked Wheat/Cucumber Salad)
Annie's Strawberry Dessert
Old Fashioned GingerbreadSee More