- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast
- halves (about 1lb)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 cups sliced apples, about 2 medium
- apples ( I like using granny smith
- 1/4 cup dry white wine or apple juice
- 1/2 cup apple jelly
- Sprinkle chicken breast halves with nutmeg and salt.
- Heat oil in 10 inch skillet over medium high heat until hot.
- Cook chicken in oil for about 15 -20 min, turning once, until juice of chicken is not pink when the thickest pieces are cut.
- Stir in apples and wine (or juice), cook for about 4 minutes, stirring occasionally, until apples are tender.
- Stir in jelly, and cook until jelly is melted.
NotesMy mother used to make this recipe with italian sweet sausage, when we were kids.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Growers' Giveback PotluckSee More
Chinese Chicken Salad
Cheese Garlic Rolls
Mushroom GravySee More