CHICKEN WITH GLAZED APPLES
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast
- halves (about 1lb)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 cups sliced apples, about 2 medium
- apples ( I like using granny smith
- 1/4 cup dry white wine or apple juice
- 1/2 cup apple jelly
Sprinkle chicken breast halves with nutmeg and salt.
Heat oil in 10 inch skillet over medium high heat until hot.
Cook chicken in oil for about 15 -20 min, turning once, until juice of chicken is not pink when the thickest pieces are cut.
Stir in apples and wine (or juice), cook for about 4 minutes, stirring occasionally, until apples are tender.
Stir in jelly, and cook until jelly is melted.