- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3 pounds chicken breasts, deboned and skinned
- 1 1/2 pounds fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 28 ounces artichoke hearts
- 8 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Debone and remove skin from chicken breasts and cut in serving pieces. Sprinkle chicken pieces with salt and pepper.
- 2.Heat butter in large skillet; add garlic and 4 tablespoons olive oil.
- 3. Brown chicken pieces on both sides about 7 minutes. Lower flame, cover, continue cooking for 15 minutes.
- 4. Sauté sliced onion in 2 tablespoons olive oil in seperate frying pan for 5 minutes.
- 5. Add cleaned, sliced mushrooms and 2 tablespoons water; simmer 15 minutes then add artichoke hearts and simmer an additional 2 minutes.
- 6. Add mushrooms and artichoke hearts to chicken and simmer an additional 10 minutes. Add lemon sauce and simmer an additional 10 minutes. Serve over Brown rice pilaf (see brown rice pilaf recipe) or pasta.
NotesMy wife was one day in the mood for chicken with artichokes and lemon sauce, since we had that at one of our favorite restaurants, so we looked in all our 200+ cookbooks without results, so we experimented until we had the perfect recipe...Bon Appetit!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Growers' Giveback PotluckSee More
Chinese Chicken Salad
Cheese Garlic Rolls
Mushroom GravySee More