- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 ripe peaches
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, smashed
- 3/4 cup chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- In a shallow dish, combine flour and half of the salt and pepper, set aside 2 teaspoons for sauce. In remaining flour mixture, coat chicken well; shake of excess. In a large frypan, heat oil over medium heat; cook chicken, turning once, for 15 to 20 minutes or until no longer pink inside. Transfer to plate and keep warm. Meanwhile, peel and pit peaches; cut into wedges.
- Add onion, garlic and reserved flour mixture to skillet; cook, stirring for 3 minutes. Pour in stock and lemon juice; bring to boil, stirring to scrape up any brown bits from bottom of pan.
- Add peaches; reduce heat to medium and cook, stirring for 3 minutes. Stir in basil and remaining salt and pepper. Pour over chicken to serve.
NotesThis is wonderful when peaches are fresh and in season, but canned
peaches can be used when necessary.
Favourites from Ana's Romanian Kitchen
Sauce du Jour Culinary Institution: where every crazy chef gets a sharp knife
I'm Making Cookies! with Douglas E. WelchSee More
Vanilla Caramel Nut Ice Cream Pudding (with salted caramel and hot chocolate sauce)
Candy Cane Fudge
Pancit PalabokSee More