- Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- Servings: 4 servings
- Preparation Time: 30 minutes
- 4 skinless- boneless chicken breast halves
- 3 teaspoons dried sage
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1½ tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 cup dry Sherry
- 1 cup less-sodium chicken broth
- 24 pitted prunes
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- Place each chicken breast half between two sheets of plastic wrap.
- Pound to ½ inch thickens using the flat side of a meat mallet.
- Sprinkle chicken with 1 teaspoon sage, salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- Rub the spices in the meat.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Add chicken to pan; cook 3 minutes on each side or until done.
- Remove chicken from pan; keep covered and warm in a 200ºF oven.
- Heat remaining olive oil. Add onions to pan; cook 3 minutes.
- Stir in wine and broth; bring to a boil.
- Stir in remaining pepper and vinegar.
- Add remaining sage and prunes; cook for 2 minutes,
- Add chicken and cook on medium heat for an additional 5 minutes.
- Serve with brown rice pilaf and steamed vegetables.
NotesThis recipe was adapted from a recipe we found in a Cooking Light Cook Book.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Watt's Cooking in PA?
Happy Father's Day Day... Your Favorite Recipes
TECHmunch Austin 2013 Food Blogger Community CookbookSee More
Poblano Macaroni and Cheese
Betty Crocker Raspberry-Lemon Fruit Dip
The Barefoot Contessas Pan Fried Onion DipSee More