- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 8 boneless chicken thighs, with skin
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 cups chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 cups converted long-grain white rice
- 2 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon saffron threads
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chiles
- 1 1/4 cups chicken broth
- 3/4 cup fresh peas
- 1 (4 ounce) jar pimentos, drained
- 1/2 (8 ounce) jar pimiento-stuffed green olives, drained and sliced
- 1/2 cup water
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C)
- Heat the olive oil in a Dutch oven over medium heat.
- Sear the chicken until golden, then set aside.
- Stir in the onion, garlic, and red pepper flakes; cook until the onions have softened, about 4 minutes.
- Add the rice, and season with salt, pepper, and saffron.
- Cook rice until golden, stirring constantly, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in the tomatoes, green chiles, and chicken broth.
- Place chicken thighs on top, then bring to a boil, cover, and place in the preheated oven.
- Bake for 1 hour in the preheated oven, then sprinkle the peas, pimentos, and olives on top.
- Pour in the water, but do not stir.
- Recover and continue baking until the chicken is fully cooked, about 20 minutes.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at Pesah
My Family Cookbook
The Italian ExchangeSee More
Honey and Walnut Wholemeal Bread
Zucchini Bread 2
The Best Potato Salad Ever!See More