Chicken with Sour Cream Sauce
Why I Love This Recipe
Ingredients You'll Need
2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
1/2 cup flour
3 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons olive oil
4 shallots, minced
2 cloves garlic
1/4 lb mushrooms, sliced
1/2 cup red wine vinegar
1/2 teaspoon tarragon
3 tablespoons tomato paste
1 cup sour cream
1 tablespoon sugar
Pound the chicken to 1/4" thick.
2. Dredge chicken in flour w/salt& pepper.
3. Combine butter& oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
4. Saute chicken for 2 minutes on each side.
5. Remove when lightly browned on both sides.
6. Add more oil or butter if needed.
7. Saute garlic, shallots, and mushrooms.
8. Add vinegar.
9. Add sugar, seasonings and tomato paste.
10. Scrape all brown bits from pan and mix in with the sauce.
11. Return chicken and cover.
12. Cook for 5 minutes Add sour cream and heat an additional 3 minutes.
13. Serve over rice or pasta.
Questions, Comments & Reviews
More Great Recipes: Main Dish