- Cooking Time: 15 to 20 minutes
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 20 to 30 minutes
- 4 chicken boneless chicken breasts, skinless
- 1 head of Lettuce, torn into pieces
- 12 to 15 Cherry Tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup sweet onion, finely diced.
- 1 can Kidney beans, rinsed and drained (15 oz. size)
- 1/2 cup Cheddar cheese
- Sauce below:
- 1 can Green Chili's, finely chopped
- 1 Jalapeno, seeded, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon cilantro, minced
- 1 teaspoon chipotle chili
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 3/4 cup Extra Vigin Olive Oil
- 1 cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 package Tortilla chips
- Mix oil, cider vinegar, garlic, chipotle chili, cilantro, cumin, dry mustard, black pepper, salt, celery see, jalapeno, green chili's together, forming the dressing/marinade.
- Prior to cooking the chicken add 1/2 the marinade to the chicken in a plastic bag, refrigerate for 1/2 hour.
- In a saute pan, add 1 teaspoon olive oil to the pan, cook chicken, adding 1/4 cup of the onion.
- Remove from heat, rest chicken on cutting board.
- Plate iceberg lettuce between four plates, with cherry tomatoes, and kidney beans, 1/4 cup of the sweet onion.
- Slice chicken breasts into strips place atop each of the salads.
- Sprinkle with Chedder Cheese.
- Sprinkle with crunched Tortilla chips.
- Sprinkle remaining sauce over the four plates.
NotesThis one of those "I am bored and lets see if I can come of with a marinade/sauce" that might work with chicken rather than doing a store purchased marinade. Well it did & here is the recipe.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Girl Scout Campfire Cookbook Troop 60252
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy Food
Classic Chocolate RecipesSee More
Dark chocolate truffle tart with flax seeds
Khatta Meetha Karela
Roasted Butternut Squash SoupSee More