- Cooking Time: 15 to 20 minutes
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 20 to 30 minutes
- 4 chicken boneless chicken breasts, skinless
- 1 head of Lettuce, torn into pieces
- 12 to 15 Cherry Tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup sweet onion, finely diced.
- 1 can Kidney beans, rinsed and drained (15 oz. size)
- 1/2 cup Cheddar cheese
- Sauce below:
- 1 can Green Chili's, finely chopped
- 1 Jalapeno, seeded, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon cilantro, minced
- 1 teaspoon chipotle chili
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 3/4 cup Extra Vigin Olive Oil
- 1 cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 package Tortilla chips
- Mix oil, cider vinegar, garlic, chipotle chili, cilantro, cumin, dry mustard, black pepper, salt, celery see, jalapeno, green chili's together, forming the dressing/marinade.
- Prior to cooking the chicken add 1/2 the marinade to the chicken in a plastic bag, refrigerate for 1/2 hour.
- In a saute pan, add 1 teaspoon olive oil to the pan, cook chicken, adding 1/4 cup of the onion.
- Remove from heat, rest chicken on cutting board.
- Plate iceberg lettuce between four plates, with cherry tomatoes, and kidney beans, 1/4 cup of the sweet onion.
- Slice chicken breasts into strips place atop each of the salads.
- Sprinkle with Chedder Cheese.
- Sprinkle with crunched Tortilla chips.
- Sprinkle remaining sauce over the four plates.
NotesThis one of those "I am bored and lets see if I can come of with a marinade/sauce" that might work with chicken rather than doing a store purchased marinade. Well it did & here is the recipe.
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Life on a Beach Easy Seafood Cooking at Home
Amsterdam Friends CookbookSee More
Salted Caramel - Sauce and/or squares
All the food groups in one dish...if you consider tomatoes a fruit :)!
Hanky PankySee More