- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 3-pound whole chicken, cut into 8 pieces
- 3/4 cup chopped shallots
- 1/4 cup brandy
- 1 cup low-salt chicken broth
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 4 teaspoons chopped fresh tarragon
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- Melt butter with oil in heavy large skillet over high heat.
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper.
- Cook, skin side down, until brown, about 5 minutes.
- Turn over; cook 1 minute.
- Using tongs, transfer chicken to plate.
- Add shallots to same skillet; reduce heat to medium-low.
- Sauté until soft, about 3 minutes.
- Add brandy; simmer until liquid is reduced, scraping up browned bits, about 2 minutes.
- Whisk in broth.
- Return chicken to skillet, skin side up.
- Reduce heat to medium-low. Cover and simmer until chicken is cooked, about 20 minutes.
- Transfer to platter; reserve skillet.
- Whisk cream, tarragon, and mustard into same skillet.
- Increase heat to high; boil until sauce is thickened, about 2 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour sauce over chicken.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013
Cupcake Wars Winning Blueberry Pancake Cupcake Recipe
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie ChallengeSee More
pistachio cranberry icebox cookies
Teeny Tiny Italian Meat-loaves
Mom's Holiday Stove Top StuffingSee More