CHICKPEA, MINT & PARSLEY SPREAD
- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 c. olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
- 4 small garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
- 2 c. chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1/3 c. fresh mint, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 c. fresh flat-leaf parsley, coarsely chopped
- 2 tbsp. plus 1 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/4 tsp coarse salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 2-4 warmed pitas, for serving
- Heat 1/4 c. oil in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Add onion, and cook until softenend, about 8 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook, stirring 2 minutes.
- Add chickpeas and cook 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat; let cool 15 minutes.
- Add chickpea mixture, mint, parsley, lemon juice and salt to a food processor, season with pepper, and puree.
- With machine running, add remaining 1/4 c. oil in a slow, steady stream, mixing until emulsified.
- Spread can be refrigerated in an airtight container up to 3 days.
- Transfer to a serving bowl, drizzle with oil. Serve with warm pitas.
NotesThis recipe is from the Martha Stewart Living magazine, May 2007.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Delicious Recipes Made Easy
Cooking On The Weekends - For The Love of Food!
Delicious Breakfasts for Gluten-Free Kids!See More
Luscious Tropical Dream Cake
Ultimate Peanut Butter & Chocolate Banana SplitSee More