- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 c. olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
- 4 small garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
- 2 c. chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1/3 c. fresh mint, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 c. fresh flat-leaf parsley, coarsely chopped
- 2 tbsp. plus 1 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/4 tsp coarse salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 2-4 warmed pitas, for serving
- Heat 1/4 c. oil in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Add onion, and cook until softenend, about 8 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook, stirring 2 minutes.
- Add chickpeas and cook 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat; let cool 15 minutes.
- Add chickpea mixture, mint, parsley, lemon juice and salt to a food processor, season with pepper, and puree.
- With machine running, add remaining 1/4 c. oil in a slow, steady stream, mixing until emulsified.
- Spread can be refrigerated in an airtight container up to 3 days.
- Transfer to a serving bowl, drizzle with oil. Serve with warm pitas.
NotesThis recipe is from the Martha Stewart Living magazine, May 2007.
BakeSpace's Community Cookbook Live Demonstration at SXSW
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at Pesah
Healthy Blender Recipes: Vegan Drinks, Shakes & SmoothiesSee More
Black Raspberry Chip Ice Cream
Chicken with Asparagus and Pine Nuts
Bacon And Cabbage SoupSee More