- Cooking Time: 7-8 minutes
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 5 minutes (or less)
- 1 - 15 oz can of chickpeas (a.k.a. garbanzo beans), drained and rinsed
- 1 - 4 oz can of diced green chilies
- 1 - handful of cilantro (Rachael said to use parsley)
- 2/3 cups of panko bread crumbs
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- In a food processor, combine chickpeas, chilies and cilantro.
- Transfer the mixture to a medium sized bowl. Add the bread crumbs and salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix in the egg.
- Form 4 patties that are about 1/2" thick.
- Heat a pan over medium-low heat. Add enough oil to coat the bottom of the pan. Cook the patties for about 4 minutes...flip and continue cooking for another 3 - 4 minutes. If you're going to add cheese, do so during the last minute of cooking.
NotesI was in the mood for a burger but didn't have any meat defrosted. Raided my pantry and found a recipe from Rachael Ray (which I altered oh so slightly) and made a Chickpea Patty Burger instead. I added sauteed onions, mushrooms, and bell pepper to the burger. I also used aioli (or a mock version: 1 cup mayonnaise and 1 minced garlic clove) as the condiment and topped it with a handful of baby arugula. LOVED IT!!!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Oliver & Grandson's Cajun and Southern Creations
Get Fit With Good Food!See More
STUFFAT TAL-QARNIT (Octopus Stew)
Frosted Apple Cinnamon Bars
BANANA WELLINGTONSSee More