- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 Acorn Squash, halved, seeded, and cut into 2-by-1/4-inch pieces
- 7 Tablespoons Hazelnut Oil
- 3 Tablespoons plus 1 Teaspoon Pure Maple Syrup
- Coarse Salt and freshly Ground Pepper
- 1 Teaspoon Sherry Vinegar
- 2 Teaspoons Fresh Lemon Juice
- 2 Heads Frisee, separated into small pieces
- 1 Head Escarole, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup of Hazelnuts, toasted, and skins removed
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Toss squash with 1 tablespoon of the oil and syrup, and season with salt and pepper.
- Arrange on a rimmed backing sheet.
- Roast, flipping once, until golden brown and tender, about 20 minutes, then set aside.
- Whisk vinegar, lemon juice, and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a bowl.
- Pour in remaining 6 table spoons hazelnut oil in a slow, steady stream, while whisking.
- Season with pepper.
- Just before serving, toss greens and squash with dressing, and arrange on a platter.
- Sprinkle with hazelnuts.
NotesLeah Wuebben, Miss Perham 2012
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Eco-Chefs Kids Culinary Cookbook
Quick Breads, Muffins and Cakes...Oh My!
Oliver & Grandson's Cajun and Southern CreationsSee More
Salmon & Spinach Pesto Pasta
Antipasto for Kids (Gluten-Free)See More