- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 Acorn Squash, halved, seeded, and cut into 2-by-1/4-inch pieces
- 7 Tablespoons Hazelnut Oil
- 3 Tablespoons plus 1 Teaspoon Pure Maple Syrup
- Coarse Salt and freshly Ground Pepper
- 1 Teaspoon Sherry Vinegar
- 2 Teaspoons Fresh Lemon Juice
- 2 Heads Frisee, separated into small pieces
- 1 Head Escarole, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup of Hazelnuts, toasted, and skins removed
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Toss squash with 1 tablespoon of the oil and syrup, and season with salt and pepper.
- Arrange on a rimmed backing sheet.
- Roast, flipping once, until golden brown and tender, about 20 minutes, then set aside.
- Whisk vinegar, lemon juice, and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a bowl.
- Pour in remaining 6 table spoons hazelnut oil in a slow, steady stream, while whisking.
- Season with pepper.
- Just before serving, toss greens and squash with dressing, and arrange on a platter.
- Sprinkle with hazelnuts.
NotesLeah Wuebben, Miss Perham 2012
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry!
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or Party
Breads and Pastry 101See More
Cocktail (The V)
Angel Acres Feel Better Chicken Noodle Soup
Twisted Shirley TempleSee More