HOMEMADE PANCAKE RECIPE - CHIEFTAIN PANCAKES WITH GOLDEN GOLDEN SYRUP
Homemade Pancake Recipe - Chieftain Pancakes with Golden Golden Syrup
- Cooking Time: 20
- Servings: 16
- Preparation Time: 30
- Dry ingredients
- • 200g plain flour
- • 40g Tate & Lyle Fairtrade Caster sugar
- • 1 rounded tsp baking powder
- • Pinch of salt
- Wet ingredients
- • 45g melted, unsalted butter
- • 350 ml milk
- • 2 large eggs, beaten
- • ½ tsp vanilla extract
1. Mix all dry ingredients together in a large bowl, whisk the wet ingredients in another bowl.
2. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and whisk until smooth.
3. Heat a frying pan on high heat until little beads of water run all over the surface. If they skip over the edge your pan is too hot – turn it down.
4. Melt a little pat of butter in the pan and smear it round with a kitchen towel so the pan is evenly coated. Too much fat in the pan and you’ll be frying the pancakes.
5. Pour your mixture into the pan until it reaches a diameter of roughly 10 cm.
6. When you see little bubbles popping on top of the pancake it’s time to flip them over. The other side will take about half the time to be done.
7. Continue making the pancakes like this until you have a healthy sized stack. If you have extras you can freeze them and cook them in the toaster at a later date for a healthy snack.
8. Sauce with Lyle’s Golden Syrup.
Website Credit: http://www.lylesgoldensyrup.com