CHILE CON QUESO DIP (COOKING LIGHT)
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (10-ounce) can diced tomatoes and green chiles, undrained
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (8-ounce) block fat-free cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 6 ounces light processed cheese, cubed (such as Velveeta Light)
- Cilantro sprigs (optional)
Drain tomatoes and tomatoes with chiles in a colander over a bowl, reserving 1/3 cup liquid; set tomatoes and reserved liquid aside.
Heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and garlic; sauté 4 minutes.
Add cream cheese; cook until cheese melts, stirring constantly.
Add tomatoes, reserved liquid, and chili powder; bring to a boil.
Add processed cheese; reduce heat and simmer 3 minutes or until cheese melts, stirring constantly.
Garnish with cilantro, if desired.
Serve warm with baked tortilla chips.