- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 lb hamburger
- 3 large jalapenos, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 lb hot breakfast sausage (I prefer Jimmy Dean's)
- 1 lb stew meat
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 3/4 cup chopped bell peppers
- 1 (15 ounce) can of your favorite chili beans
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup French onion soup
- 1 (6 ounce) can chopped green chilies
- 1 (15 ounce) can chopped tomatoes
- 2 (15 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon cayenne
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 3 1/2 tablespoons cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- Puree the jalapenos, onion and garlic; add the stew meat and refrigerate 24 hours.
- 2. Brown hamburger, bell pepper and 1/2 tablespoon cumin.
- 3. Brown sausage.
- 4. Remove stew meat from marinade and brown. Reserve puree.
- 5. Mix all the meat together.
- 6. Add soup, tomato sauce, tomatoes, drained beans, jalapeno puree, chili powder, 3 tablespoons cumin, cayenne, oregano, green chilies, salt, sugar, and Tabasco.
- 7. Cook on medium heat for 2 hours
NotesThis chili is very meaty, less beany, and very spicy. If you are not a lover of spicy food, then this one will not work for you as it is written. But like any of my recipes, please free to tweak it to your own tastes and leave the jalapenos, cayenne, and Tabasco sauce out and skip the marinading of the stew meat. It will still be a tasty chili.
Eating for a Look Good Naked Fitness Life - time to feel good in your own skin
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy Food
The Naked MacaronSee More
Vanilla Caramel Nut Ice Cream Pudding (with salted caramel and hot chocolate sauce)
Candy Cane Fudge
Pancit PalabokSee More