- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryI found this recipe in an old Junior League cookbook. These delightful little tidbits are so easy and so good. The recipe is always requested.
I personally like the squares better with a little heat so I usually add some cumin and a touch of hot pepper sauce. Greasing the pan or spraying with oil is of the utmost importance. One might think these babies wouldn't be good at room temp but actually they are tastier after they cool and the flavors marry.
- 3 C. grated Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 3oz. can green chiles, drained and chopped
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Sprinkle cheese and chilies evenly into bottom of a greased 8 x 8 pan.
- Pour eggs on top of cheese mixture.
- Bake for one hour.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes. Cut into 1-inch squares.
- Serve warm or cold.
- Cutting into 1-inch squares will render 64 little morsels.