- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- Green Poblano Peppers (nice and smooth)
- Paper bag
- Eggs (about one per pepper)
- Cheese (Chihuahua, Asadero, or a white melting cheese)
- Corn Oil (I use mazola right blend)
- 1. Burn the peppers on the flame of a gas stove (if you have electric just toeast in a pan)just enough to get the skin off with a fork.
- Put in paper bag to cool off for 10 minutes then peel off.
- 2. Cut off top and clean out seeds.
- In the slit put Chihuahua cheese.
- You can also add potatoes and cheese or ground beef, cheese and potatoes.
- 2. Separate egg whites and yokes.
- Whip egg whites to make fluffy and foamy.
- Then break up (not beat) yokes and fold into the whites.
- 3.Then dip the pepper in egg mixture and fry in oil until light brown and turn over.
- Then again (you can add more egg if you would like when you flip it over).
NotesMy mom's recipe. I love these. Make sure you clean then. The seeds can be killer!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
MetroCooking Texas 2013
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry!
Have Your Cake and EAT IT TOO! Allergen-Free Desserts Everyone Can EnjoySee More
Oreo Cookie Balls
Crispy Chicken Strips
Star Anise Spice CakeSee More