- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 10 whole green chiles, peeled (canned ones work fine)
- 1/2 lb Monterey Jack cheese, cut
- into 10 strips
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup flour
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 tsp salt
- black pepper to taste
- dash of liquid hot pepper sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spread the chiles on paper towels and pat dry. Slip a strip of Monterey Jack cheese in each chile and lay them side-by-side in a greased 9x13 inch baking dish. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese.
- Beat the eggs; add the flour, beating until smooth. Add the milk, salt, pepper and pepper sauce. Beat thoroughly. Carefully pour the egg mixture over the chiles. Bake, uncovered, for 45 minutes or until a knife inserted in the custard coves out clean. Serves 4. May be frozen.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cooking On The Weekends - For The Love of Food!
KITCHEN CAUCUS Conservative Creations
MetroCooking Texas 2013See More
Tabouleh (Cracked Wheat/Cucumber Salad)
Annie's Strawberry Dessert
Old Fashioned GingerbreadSee More