- Cooking Time:
- Servings: about 6
- Preparation Time:
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 (15.5 oz.) can tomato sauce
- 1 (15 oz.) can diced tomatoes (optional)
- 1 (11 oz.) can Mexican-style corn, drained
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/2 to 1 cup Cheddar cheese, shredded
- Tortilla chips (optional)
- Sour cream (optional)
- Oyster crackers (optional)
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Stir in the beans, tomato sauce, diced tomatoes (if using), corn, sugar, chili powder and oregano; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle with cheese; remove from heat; cover and let stand for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Serve with tortilla chips, sour cream, and/or Oyster crackers if desired.
NotesThis recipe comes from 'Taste Of Home', and was submitted by Laurie Hobart of Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin. This is one of the best chili recipes ever! The original recipe didn't originally call for diced tomatoes, sour cream and Oyster crackers; these are just my little tweaks! And I used red kidney beans instead of chili beans..the store was out. But everything else is the same.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Just Desserts - Top 20 from the Culinary Alchemy Blog
Recipes for Vitality
Cupcake Wars Winning Blueberry Pancake Cupcake RecipeSee More
Short Sharp Chops
CHOCOLATE CHIP ZUCCHINI BREAD / MUFFINSSee More