- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryI was looking for something different to do with beef skewers and came across this recipe on RecipeZaar.com. I made it last night and it was delish! It also have a dipping sauce which I will post seperately...enjoy!
- 18 wooden skewers
- 1 1/2 cup fresh cilantro
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 6 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 4 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 3 teaspoon sriracha sauce (or more to taste)
- 3 teaspoon fish sauce
- 3 teaspoon brown sugar
- 3 lbs lean beef sirloin, cut into 1/8-inch strips
- 1 large red bell pepper, cored, seeded and cut into 2 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 large green bell pepper, cored, seeded and cut into 2 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 large yellow bell pepper, cored, seeded and cut into 2 1/2-inch pieces
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- Soak skewers for 30 minutes.
- Puree cilantro, garlic, soy sauce, orange zest, sriracha, fish sauce and sugar in a food processor.
- Transfer marinade to a resealable plastic bag; add beef.
- Seal bag, toss and set aside up to 30 minutes.
- Thread 4 pieces of pepper and 2 beef strips on each skewer, alternating beef and peppers.
- Coat grill rack with cooking spray; heat grill to high; cook until meat is no longer pink, about 3 minutes.