- Cooking Time: 45-55
- Preparation Time:
- 4 Tbsp margarine
- 5 eggs
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 4 oz can chopped chilies, undrained
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1/4 cup flour
- 8 oz Monterey Jack cheese, shredded (for hotter bites,
- use Monterey Jack with Jalapeno peppers)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Melt margarine in oven in 8" square pan.
- Remove pan from oven.
- In blender or food processor, mix eggs, baking powder, chilies, cottage cheese and flour; process until well blended. Add cheese and continue blending until smooth.
- Pour into pan with melted margarine and bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes, then turn oven down to 350 degrees and bake for 30-35 minutes longer.
- Cut into squares to serve.
- Can be prepared ahead and frozen, then reheated in microwave before serving.
- (To freeze: Cut up and freeze, separated, on cookie sheets, then put into plastic
- bags in freezer)
NotesThese tasty little bites have become a favorite of my husbands card group. GrannyBarbie from the Taste of Home board posted these last year and after making them for the first time they quickly became a most requested appy when its our time to host the group.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette Starbuck
Baby Food: Baby's First Solid Foods
Breads and Pastry 101See More
Raw “Vodka Sauce”
Memere's Chocolate Chip CookiesSee More