- Cooking Time: 45-55
- Preparation Time:
- 4 Tbsp margarine
- 5 eggs
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 4 oz can chopped chilies, undrained
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1/4 cup flour
- 8 oz Monterey Jack cheese, shredded (for hotter bites,
- use Monterey Jack with Jalapeno peppers)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Melt margarine in oven in 8" square pan.
- Remove pan from oven.
- In blender or food processor, mix eggs, baking powder, chilies, cottage cheese and flour; process until well blended. Add cheese and continue blending until smooth.
- Pour into pan with melted margarine and bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes, then turn oven down to 350 degrees and bake for 30-35 minutes longer.
- Cut into squares to serve.
- Can be prepared ahead and frozen, then reheated in microwave before serving.
- (To freeze: Cut up and freeze, separated, on cookie sheets, then put into plastic
- bags in freezer)
NotesThese tasty little bites have become a favorite of my husbands card group. GrannyBarbie from the Taste of Home board posted these last year and after making them for the first time they quickly became a most requested appy when its our time to host the group.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
"Appreciation" The Complimentary "Clean Eats" Vol.3
TECHmunch Austin 2013 Food Blogger Community Cookbook
I'm Making Cookies! with Douglas E. WelchSee More
Short Sharp Chops
CHOCOLATE CHIP ZUCCHINI BREAD / MUFFINSSee More