- Cooking Time: 26
- Servings: 6-8
- Preparation Time: 10
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Large chopped onion about a cup
- 1 Pound Ground Beef
- 1 Tbsp Chili Powder
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Cumin
- 3 1/2 cups Milk
- 1 Can 14oz chicken broth low sodium
- 1 can condensed cheddar cheese soup
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 cup chopped frozen broccoli thawed
- 1 1/2 cups shredded sharp cheedar cheese
- In a 5-6 quart pot heat oil over med high heat, toss in onions until tranlusent.
- Add ground beef, saute until no longer pink.
- Stir in chili powder, flakes and cumin cook for about 3 minutes.
- Add Milk, chicken broth and condensed soup, stir until disolved.
- Turn heat to low, cover pot and let simmer for 3 minutes.
- Stir in Pasta and cook covered for 5 minutes.
- Stir in cheese and broccoli until smooth.
- Remove from heat, let stand approx 5 minutes until pasta is cooked.
NotesThis is plain comfort food. It tastes like a sunday watching football in the warm comfort of home.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Growers' Giveback PotluckSee More
Chinese Chicken Salad
Cheese Garlic Rolls
Mushroom GravySee More