CHILI CHICKEN ENCHILADAS
- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 2
- Preparation Time:
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 4 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- Sliced ripe olives, chopped tomatoes and green onions, optional
- In a small saucepan, saute onion and garlic in butter until tender.
- Combine flour and broth until smooth; gradually add to pan.
- Stir in the chilies, coriander and pepper.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Remove from the heat; stir in 1/2 cup cheese and sour cream until cheese is melted. Combine chicken and 3/4 cup sauce.
- Place about 1/2 cup chicken mixture down the center of each tortilla.
- Roll up and place seam side down in a greased 11-in. x 7-in. x 2-in. baking dish.
- Pour remaining sauce over enchiladas.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
- Garnish with olives, tomatoes and green onions if desired.
NotesRich and saucy, this south-of-the-border entree from Alicia Johnson of Hillsboro, Oregon makes a hearty meal. "Whenever I take dinner to friends who are ill, these enchiladas seem to make them feel better," says Alicia. TOH
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Delicious Breakfasts for Gluten-Free Kids!
Secret of the Wings Cookbook
Eating for a Look Good Naked Fitness Life - time to feel good in your own skinSee More
Puff Daddy Pancake
Pumpkin-Cream Cheese Streusel Pie
Tossed Salad With Oil And Vinegar DressingSee More