CHILI CHICKEN SALAD RECIPE
- 1/2 cup FF mayo
- juice of 1 lime (I use 2 Tablespoons of RealLime)
- 1 -2 Tablespoon of chili seasoning mix (see below)
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 cup dark red kidney beans, drained
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese (I use Asiago but cheddar or Mexican will work too)
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1 rib celery, chopped
- Chili Seasoning Mix - I use a pre-packaged chili seasoning mix and add 1/2 to 3/4 teaspoons of chili powder and cumin.
Lightly sprinkle the chicken with the chili seasoning mix and bake or grill until done. Cut into bite sized pieces.
Mix mayo, lime juice and seasoning mix in bowl. Add all remaining ingredients and still until everything is well mixed. Cover and refrigerate.
I use hearts of romaine lettuce to serve it but you can also use Boston bib lettuce, Flatout bread, or baked Scoops. Stuffing it in a hollowed out tomato or bell pepper would be great too.