Chili Con Carne Lasagna
4 cups prepared chili con carne (I like leftover Chile Lovers Spicy Three Meat Chili because it is very meaty)
1 (1 lb) package lasagna noodles
3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1 large onion, finely diced (optional)
Boil noodles as directed on the package, drain.
2. Spray a lasagna pan with cooking spray.
3. Pour one cup of the chili into the bottom of the pan.
4. Sprinkle with some of the diced onion, if using.
5. Sprinkle some of the cheese over the chili.
6. Add a layer of noodles.
7. Repeat layers, making the last layer a thin layer of chili and a thick layer of cheese.
8. Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 30 minutes or until hot and cheese is melted.
9. Note: This recipe can be assembled and frozen before baking
Pairs Well With
I came up with this dish as a way to use up left over chili. I like my chili over spaghetti with cheese, so this was a natural progression for me. There is nothing Italian about it. Just a delicious new way to eat chili.