- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time:
BackstorySource: 2008 Taste of Home Annual Recipes
Editor's Note: This recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
- 2 large artichokes
- 1 pkg (8 oz) shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1 can (5 oz) evaporated milk
- 1 can (4 oz) chopped green chilies, drained
- 1/2 cup minced fresh cilantro
- Using a sharp knife, level the bottom of each artichoke and cut 1 inch from the tops. Using kitchen scissors, snip off tips of outer leaves. Place artichokes in a large saucepan; add 1 inch of water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30-35 minutes or until leaves near the center pull out easily.
- Invert artichokes to drain for 10 minutes. With a grapefruit spoon, carefully remove the fuzzy centers and discard.
- In a small microwave-safe dish, combine the cheese, evaporated milk and chilies. Cover and microwave on high for 1-2 minutes or until cheese is melted, stirring twice. Stir in cilantro. Gently spread artichoke leave apart; fill with cheese mixture. Serve immediately.
- Yield: 8 serving (2 cups sauce).
- Editor's Note: This recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.