- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 small minced onion
- 1 small can hot green chili peppers, drained and chopped
- 1 can chicken gumbo soup, drained (save liquid separately)
- 1 large box Velveeta, torn into chunks (can use Mexican flavored for more heat)
- 1. Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat; sauté chopped onions and chilies for a few minutes.
- 2. Reduce heat to low then add drained soup, chunks of cheese, and a little reserved soup liquid; stir constantly until melted and creamy. Add more chili if desired and a little more liquid from the soup if needed (it gets thin easily so don’t add much).
Recipes for Vitality
Let's Talk Turkey! My Family's Turkey Day Feast
Sauce du Jour Culinary Institution: where every crazy chef gets a sharp knifeSee More
Curried Wheat Bread
Chicken Fried Steak (TNT)
BRIE AND PROSCIUTTO FILLED CHILE RELLENOS ON A BED OF FIGS AND ARUGULASee More