CHILI GARLIC DUNGENESS CRAB
Chili Garlic Dungeness Crab
- Oil for frying
- 2 whole live dungeness crabs
- 4 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp chopped garlic
- ½ tbsp chopped red hot chili pepper(optional)
- 2 tbsp chopped green onion
- 2 tsp sliced ginger soaking in 2 tbsp cooking wine
1. Rinse and drain the crab.
Cut crab into 2-inch square pieces(leave claws and legs as is).
2. Soak the crab pieces with the ginger wine. Let it soak for 30 minutes.
3. Drain crab from ginger wine.
Shake crab with cornstarch in ziplock bag until coated evenly.
Shake off excess cornstarch.
4. Heat 6 C of oil.
Make sure the oil is very hot, toss in crab and stir fry for 3-4 minutes or until golden brown.
5. Remove crab and drain.
Remove used oil from wok/pan.
6. Add 2 tbsp of fresh oil in the pan, toss in chopped garlic, chili pepper and half of the green onions.
Stir until garlic just start to brown slightly on the edge.
7. Put crab pieces in with the mixture and stir for 2-3 minutes.
8. Add salt and additional green onions.
Stir for another 2 minutes. Serve.
I like to clean and boil the shell of the crab and arrange it back on the cooked crab pieces to give the dish a finished look.
You can find instructions on how to clean crabs on this website: http://www.aayisrecipes.com/2006/06/04/how-to-clean-crabs/