- Cooking Time: 15
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 10
- Chicken Burgers
- 2 lbs ground chicken
- ¼ cup diced onion
- ¼ cup diced red bell pepper
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- 4 garlic cloves, finely diced
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 2 tsp lime juice
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- Buns for serving
- 2 avocados
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp lime juice
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ pepper
- Mix together chicken, onions, red pepper, cilantro, crushed red pepper, chili powder, lime juice, salt and pepper. I mixed together that morning and let sit in the fridge until dinner that night, about 8 hours. You don’t have to do that, it just gives the meat some time to absorb all the flavor.
- Heat up the grill on Medium heat.
- Form into 6 patties.
- Once grill is hot, add burgers and cook about 5-7 minutes on each side or until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees. Try not to move them around so you can get some grill marks.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mash avocado with cumin, lime, salt and pepper to your desired guacamole consistency. I leave mine a little chunky.
- When burgers are finished, place on a bun and top with guacamole. We had this with a side of Spanish rice. So fresh and delicious!
NotesA fresh spin on burgers. Perfect for summer grilling!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. Welch
Get Fit With Good Food!
20+ Pumpkin Recipes!See More
Dark chocolate truffle tart with flax seeds
Khatta Meetha Karela
Roasted Butternut Squash SoupSee More