- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2-3 Cups Elbow Macaroni (we like a lot of pasta in ours)
- * 1 lb. Ground Beef
- * 1 Small Onion, chopped (reserve 1/3)
- * 1/2 Large Green Bell Pepper, chopped
- * 2 (15 ounce) Cans Kidney Beans, drained - I use Mild Canned Chili Beans and I dont drain them
- * 2 (15 ounce) Cans Tomato Sauce
- * 2 (14.5 ounce) Cans Diced Tomato (optional)
- * 2 Cloves Garlic
- Bring a pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- Place ground beef and garlic in a large heavy skillet over medium heat. Cook until evenly brown. Drain grease. Add onion and pepper and cook until translucent. Stir in kidney beans, tomato sauce and diced tomatoes. Season with salt and pepper. Simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in macaroni.
- Top your chili mac with some of the leftover onions and shredded cheese!
NotesThis is one of my husbands favorites. He actually makes it sometimes!
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette Starbuck
Julie Tries ... Her Friends' Recipes
C'mon a my house! (Metric and American measurements for most recipes)See More
The Best Dang Little Dumplings Ever
Steamed Sweet Coconut Parcels
HERBED SALMONSee More