- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2-3 Cups Elbow Macaroni (we like a lot of pasta in ours)
- * 1 lb. Ground Beef
- * 1 Small Onion, chopped (reserve 1/3)
- * 1/2 Large Green Bell Pepper, chopped
- * 2 (15 ounce) Cans Kidney Beans, drained - I use Mild Canned Chili Beans and I dont drain them
- * 2 (15 ounce) Cans Tomato Sauce
- * 2 (14.5 ounce) Cans Diced Tomato (optional)
- * 2 Cloves Garlic
- Bring a pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- Place ground beef and garlic in a large heavy skillet over medium heat. Cook until evenly brown. Drain grease. Add onion and pepper and cook until translucent. Stir in kidney beans, tomato sauce and diced tomatoes. Season with salt and pepper. Simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in macaroni.
- Top your chili mac with some of the leftover onions and shredded cheese!
NotesThis is one of my husbands favorites. He actually makes it sometimes!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law Libraries
Breads and Pastry 101
Super Buddies Homemade Doggie TreatsSee More
Sweet Potato Pizza Dough
Grilled Summer Veggie Pizza
Zesty Italian ChickenSee More