- Cooking Time: 15 mins.
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 10
- 1 lb Extra-Lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 29 oz. canned Mexican-Style diced tomatoes, undrained
- 14 oz. canned Kidney, Pinto, or Black beans, pureed in their own juice
- 4 oz. canned, diced green chile peppers, drained
- 2 tsp. Chile powder
- 12 oz. Cooked elbow macaroni
Brown ground beef and onion together, drain off any fat
Add tomatoes, beans, green chile peppers, and chili powder to beef and onion and simmer on high 10 mins.
Stir cooked macaroni into beef mixture, and simmer 5 minutes.
Top with grated cheddar and/or sour cream, and enjoy!
I tweaked it a bit from the original recipe to accomodate the ingredients I had - specifically, I left out the tomato juice. I'd imagine that if you follow the original recipe to the letter, you'll get a more "chili-like" consistency throughout the dish. I only used one can of beans (kidney), and I pureed them in their liquid so I didn't get that "bean" texture mouth-feel that eeks me out. Check out the original recipe linked below for a 1-pot cooking variation.
Website Credit: http://www.weightwatchers.com/food/rcp/index.aspx?recipeid=95081