- Cooking Time: 15 mins.
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 10
- 1 lb Extra-Lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 29 oz. canned Mexican-Style diced tomatoes, undrained
- 14 oz. canned Kidney, Pinto, or Black beans, pureed in their own juice
- 4 oz. canned, diced green chile peppers, drained
- 2 tsp. Chile powder
- 12 oz. Cooked elbow macaroni
- Brown ground beef and onion together, drain off any fat
- Add tomatoes, beans, green chile peppers, and chili powder to beef and onion and simmer on high 10 mins.
- Stir cooked macaroni into beef mixture, and simmer 5 minutes.
- Top with grated cheddar and/or sour cream, and enjoy!
NotesI was looking for a WW points friendly, hearty dinner to whip up quickly from my bare-bones pantry, and lo and behold, WW threw this at me right out of my recipe builder! 5 pts per serving!
I tweaked it a bit from the original recipe to accomodate the ingredients I had - specifically, I left out the tomato juice. I'd imagine that if you follow the original recipe to the letter, you'll get a more "chili-like" consistency throughout the dish. I only used one can of beans (kidney), and I pureed them in their liquid so I didn't get that "bean" texture mouth-feel that eeks me out. Check out the original recipe linked below for a 1-pot cooking variation.