- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 8-10
- Preparation Time:
- 4 pounds garnet yams or sweet potatoes, skin on, scrubbed (look for long, thin sweet potatoes rather than the big fat ones)
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 cup dried blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cut the sweet potatoes into rounds about 1 inch thick.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the olive oil, chili powder, garlic salt, and lime juice. Add the sweet potato slices and toss to coat.
- Spray two baking sheet pans with nonstick cooking spray. Arrange the sweet potato slices on the pans in a single layer. Roast in the oven for 30 minutes, turn the slices over, and continue to roast until the sweet potato slices are tender and golden brown, about 50 minutes total.
- When the sweet potato slices are almost ready, scatter the dried blueberries on the baking pans. You just want to warm them up - don’t keep them in the oven more than 5-10 minutes.
- Scoop the sweet potatoes and dried blueberries into a serving bowl. Serve immediately.
NotesRecipe by Erika Kerekes for the U.S. Highbush Blueberry Council
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie ChallengeSee More
Soft Pumpkin Cookies with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting
Hot 'n Beefy Stuffed Pepper
Ginger Peach Upside Down CakeSee More