- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- Chili Rub:
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Chili Rub (makes 10 teaspoons):
- I keep this in an airtight container as this will make a lot more than what you will need for this recipe.
- In a small bowl, mix all ingredients. The brown sugar will caramelize slightly when cooked, giving foods a sweet tasty glaze. Try it on chicken, turkey, pork and most cuts of beef
- Mix lime juice, honey and desired amount of salt (I didnt use much). Wisk together until honey has disolved. Slowly drizzle in olive oil while wisking until well blended.
- 6 boneless skinless chicken thighs (you can use what ever chicken you want, I just prefer the tenderness of chicken thighs.)
- Sprinkle enough rub on the meaty, inside part of the thighs to cover....rub into meat. place meat in a square dish, rubbed side up. Lifting sides of chicken slightly, poor marinade into the dish so that all the chicken is sitting in the marinade but try not to disturb the rub. Cover and refrigerate for about 2 hours.
- Grilling time will vary according to your grill and how many coals you use (or how high you have your gas grill on). Just grill as you would normally and enjoy.
NotesThe Chile Rub recipe I got from an issue of Everyday Food magazine. I had found that if the rub was placed on both sides of the meat it was a little too over baring for my taste. So....I added a marinade to compliment the rub. I hope you enjoy it as much as my family did.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Happy Father's Day Day... Your Favorite Recipes
Super Buddies Homemade Doggie Treats
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy FoodSee More
Easy Graham Cracker Ginger Bread House
Pecan Almond MuffinsSee More