- Cooking Time: 35 minutes
- Servings: 4 servings
- Preparation Time: 20 minutes
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup tomato juice
- 1 can red kidney beans, undrained
- 4 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup uncooked long-grain rice
- 1 can diced tomatoes (the recipe didn't call for these, but I like tomatoes in my chili!)
- 1 cup canned or frozen corn
- 1/2 sliced black olives
- 1 cup Cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook beef, onion, pepper and garlic until meat is brown and vegetables are tender; drain fat.
- Add tomato juice, kidney beans, chili powder, oregano, salt, rice and tomatoes (optional); cover and simmer for 25 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Stir in corn and olives; cover and cook 5 minutes more.
- Sprinkle with cheese, cover and cook only until cheese melts, about 1 to 2 minutes.
NotesThis chili recipe comes from the January/February 1991 Issue of 'Country Woman Magazine', and was submitted by Katherine Brown of Fredericktown, OH.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Second Grade Holiday Cookbook
MidLife Road Trip'sSee More
Louisiana Crabmeat Stuffed Artichoke
Slow-Cooker Chicken Tortilla SoupSee More