- Cooking Time: 35 minutes
- Servings: 4 servings
- Preparation Time: 20 minutes
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup tomato juice
- 1 can red kidney beans, undrained
- 4 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup uncooked long-grain rice
- 1 can diced tomatoes (the recipe didn't call for these, but I like tomatoes in my chili!)
- 1 cup canned or frozen corn
- 1/2 sliced black olives
- 1 cup Cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook beef, onion, pepper and garlic until meat is brown and vegetables are tender; drain fat.
- Add tomato juice, kidney beans, chili powder, oregano, salt, rice and tomatoes (optional); cover and simmer for 25 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Stir in corn and olives; cover and cook 5 minutes more.
- Sprinkle with cheese, cover and cook only until cheese melts, about 1 to 2 minutes.
NotesThis chili recipe comes from the January/February 1991 Issue of 'Country Woman Magazine', and was submitted by Katherine Brown of Fredericktown, OH.
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or Party
Quick Breads, Muffins and Cakes...Oh My!
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law LibrariesSee More
Nanci's World Famous Cannoli
Grilled Veggie Pasta Salad
Cinnamon Red Hot PicklesSee More