- Cooking Time: 35 minutes
- Servings: 4 servings
- Preparation Time: 20 minutes
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup tomato juice
- 1 can red kidney beans, undrained
- 4 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup uncooked long-grain rice
- 1 can diced tomatoes (the recipe didn't call for these, but I like tomatoes in my chili!)
- 1 cup canned or frozen corn
- 1/2 sliced black olives
- 1 cup Cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook beef, onion, pepper and garlic until meat is brown and vegetables are tender; drain fat.
- Add tomato juice, kidney beans, chili powder, oregano, salt, rice and tomatoes (optional); cover and simmer for 25 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Stir in corn and olives; cover and cook 5 minutes more.
- Sprinkle with cheese, cover and cook only until cheese melts, about 1 to 2 minutes.
NotesThis chili recipe comes from the January/February 1991 Issue of 'Country Woman Magazine', and was submitted by Katherine Brown of Fredericktown, OH.
Life on a Beach Easy Seafood Cooking at Home
Food Travels Through Italy
"Pretty Food" for the home ChefSee More
Fojos (Flourless Chocolate Cupcakes with Ancho Chili and Whipped Cream)
Crab And Shrimp Pasta
Graham Cracker Peanut Butter Balls (Truffles)See More