- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 tbsp canola oil (I suggest doing a margarine or clarified butter instead in the end the sauce was too oily)
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 cup skim milk or rice milk
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- salt and black pepper, to taste
- dash of Tabasco sauce (optional)
- 7 oz. diced mild green chilies, drained
- 16 oz. can kidney beans, rinsed and drained (I used black beans instead)
- 1.5 cups shredded red-fat Mont. Jack cheese with chilies or Mexican blend cheese
- Salsa, sour cream or guacamole for garnish
- Taco chips if desired
- Preheat oven to 375. Oil an 8â€ baking dish.
- In saucepan, heat oil over med-low heat. Add flour and cook, stirring constantly until smooth and bubbly, 3-5 minutes. Remove from heat and gradually stir in milk.
- Add onion powder, salt and pepper. Return to heat and bring to boil over med heat, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and stir in Tabasco sauce.
- Arrange half of the chilies in the baking dish. Top with half of the beans, followed by half of the cheese.
- Layer the remaining chilies, then beans.
- Pour the sauce over the beans, then sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, about 20 minutes, or until puffed and brown.
- Let cook slightly before serving warm, with the optional toppings passed separately.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Blue Family Favorites<3
Delicious Recipes Made Easy
Gluten-Free - Making do with what you got!See More
Prickly Pear Margarita
Creamy Candy Bar Dessert
Hector's HurricanesSee More