- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryTranslation (probably inaccurate): Green Mole Chicken Chili. Or, more simply, Muy Yum-O! You can sub fresh for canned, or canned for fresh, of any ingredients. I like to stew a whole chicken, then make different stuff out of it. The local Sunflower Market closed (boo!) here and had a 50% off sale, so I stocked up on some sauces & condiments. And sushi. Yeah- I know- one shouldn't eat sushi that's half off, but I live on the EDGE, baby.
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 1/2 jar Doña Maria Molé Verdé
- 1/2 chicken, cooked (I stew in the Crockpot in my fave MX spices)
- 4c Chicken stock (made from bones of Crockpot chicken)
- 1/2 14.5oz can Tomatoes
- 2 14.5oz cans Navy beans
- Salt & Black pepper
- Cilantro, chopped or dried
- Heat oil in large, heavy Dutch oven; sauté onion til translucent.
- Lower heat; add molé sauce and stir to break up (this sauce sometimes separates in jar, leaving oil at top; don't fret, just pour it in).
- Add chicken and stock, stirring to incorporate any chunks of molé.
- Add tomatoes and beans, and season to taste w/salt & pepper.
- Simmer over very low heat, stirring occasionally, 1hr+.
- Garnish w/cilantro and serve! Olé!!!