- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time:
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 tsp. bottled minced garlic
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 8 oz. portobello mushroom caps, coarsely chopped (about 4 cups)
- 1 28-oz. can whole tomatoes, undrained and chopped
- 1 15- to 16-oz. can red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 Tbsp. ground cumin
- 1 Tbsp. medium or hot chili powder
- Dairy sour cream (optional)
- 1. In a large saucepan, cook onion and garlic in hot oil until onion is tender. Stir in mushrooms. Cook and stir 3 minutes more. Stir in undrained tomatoes, kidney beans, cumin, and chili powder.
- 2. Bring chili to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 1 hour. If desired, top individual servings with sour cream. Makes 4 servings.