- Cooking Time: 45
- Servings: 6-8
- Preparation Time: 20
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1T chile powder
- 4 T roasted garlic
- 1 yellow onion
- 1 T kosher salt
- canola oil
- 2 cans tomato sauce
- 3 bay leaves
- 1t dried basil
- 3 T apple cider vinegar
- Chop and dice yellow onion, cooking with canola oil and salt, carmelize well.
- Add roasted garlic and mix well with onions.
- Add rest of ingredients except for beef, mix well.
- Add beef and with hands (I wear gloves for this)squish beef into wet mixture so that it is well incorporated.
- This is not a mistake - do not brown the beef ahead of time.
- Bring mixture to a simmer and cover, stirring occasionally.
- Cook for about 30-45 minutes then add vinegar and salt and pepper to taste.
- Can be served over beans, pasta, or potatoes.
NotesIn watching a food show, I saw a ground beef chile sauce that was totally unlike anything I had ever heard of before. I made up this recipe from watching what they did - so I apologize if am not doing the "real" recipe justice, but it is pretty fun to make and can be converted into many different dishes. The real version I think is called cincinnati chili, but mine is a crazy california concoction.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Rainbows Of Vegan Love
Gluten Free Baking With KitchenAid: 33 Bloggers Share GF Treats!
The Italian ExchangeSee More
Sweet Potato Pizza Dough
Grilled Summer Veggie Pizza
Zesty Italian ChickenSee More