- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3 lbs. hot & mild Italian sausage (1-1/2 of each)
- 1 onion-chopped
- 1 green pepper-chopped
- 3 T. Basil
- 3 T. Oregano
- 3 T. Cumin
- ½ T. black pepper
- 2 T. chili powder
- 1/3 c. fresh minced garlic
- 3 28 oz. cans diced tomato
- 1 can of diced green chili’s
- ¼ c. red wine vinegar
- ¼ c. Worcestershire sauce
- 2 to 3 cans (15 oz.) undrained kidney beans
- 2 to 3 cans Garbanzo beans
- Salt to taste.
- Brown hot & mild sausage. Remove and sauté onion and green pepper in olive oil for 8-10 min. Add back the meat and add basil, oregano, cumin, black pepper, chili powder and minced garlic. (I only used ½ of the garlic). Add diced tomatoes to the meat and onion mixture. Simmer 1 hour on low. Add the green chili’s, red wine vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, kidney beans and Garbanzo beans. Add salt to taste.
- This is the best if made the day before and then placed in a large crock pot to simmer the next day. (If you can wait that long!)
- Hope you enjoy it!
NotesThis is a GREAT recipe for chili that was given to me by my sister-in-law. Much different than any I've tried. My family loves it.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Family and Friends Starter CookBook
Baby Food: Baby's First Solid Foods
Angel Acres Thanksgiving Dinner Cookbook!See More
Corn Pocket Rolls
Krrispy's Beer Bacon BreadSee More