- Cooking Time: 45
- Servings: Many
- Preparation Time: 30min
BackstoryThis recipe came from Elizabeth Burke, my friend and babysitter (back in the day). From the "country", as they say in Sylvania, Ga. This makes a huge pot and leftovers can be frozen, in ziplok bags.
- 2 & 1/2 lbs. lean ground beef
- 1 large chopped onion
- 3 tbsp. chili powder
- 2 & 1/2 tbsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 large (27oz.) cans of Bush chili beans (hot or mild)
- 3 large (28 oz.) petite diced tomatoes
- 1 large tomato paste
- Brown the ground beef.
- Drain off the fat.
- Add the chili powder, sugar, pepper and salt to the meat.
- Add the onions and cook for 4-5 min. over med. heat.
- Add chili beans, tomatoes and paste.
- Simmer at least 45 min.