- Cooking Time: 45
- Servings: Many
- Preparation Time: 30min
- 2 & 1/2 lbs. lean ground beef
- 1 large chopped onion
- 3 tbsp. chili powder
- 2 & 1/2 tbsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 large (27oz.) cans of Bush chili beans (hot or mild)
- 3 large (28 oz.) petite diced tomatoes
- 1 large tomato paste
- Brown the ground beef.
- Drain off the fat.
- Add the chili powder, sugar, pepper and salt to the meat.
- Add the onions and cook for 4-5 min. over med. heat.
- Add chili beans, tomatoes and paste.
- Simmer at least 45 min.
NotesThis recipe came from Elizabeth Burke, my friend and babysitter (back in the day). From the "country", as they say in Sylvania, Ga. This makes a huge pot and leftovers can be frozen, in ziplok bags.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy Food
MetroCooking DC 2013
MidLife Road Trip'sSee More
Paula’s Vegetable Beef Chili
Beans And Tomatoes Chili Con CarneSee More