- Cooking Time: 45
- Servings: Many
- Preparation Time: 30min
- 2 & 1/2 lbs. lean ground beef
- 1 large chopped onion
- 3 tbsp. chili powder
- 2 & 1/2 tbsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 large (27oz.) cans of Bush chili beans (hot or mild)
- 3 large (28 oz.) petite diced tomatoes
- 1 large tomato paste
- Brown the ground beef.
- Drain off the fat.
- Add the chili powder, sugar, pepper and salt to the meat.
- Add the onions and cook for 4-5 min. over med. heat.
- Add chili beans, tomatoes and paste.
- Simmer at least 45 min.
NotesThis recipe came from Elizabeth Burke, my friend and babysitter (back in the day). From the "country", as they say in Sylvania, Ga. This makes a huge pot and leftovers can be frozen, in ziplok bags.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome Recipes
Growers' Giveback Potluck
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013See More
Steamed trout with ginger and spring onions
Buttery Pull-Apart Bread
Ham & Cheese Roll UpsSee More