- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time:
- 2 4-oz. cans green chili peppers (6 chili peppers)
- 6 oz. Monterey Jack cheese
- 4 beaten eggs
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese (2 oz.)
- Drain peppers; halve lengthwise and remove seeds. Cut Monterey Jack cheese into strips to fit inside peppers. Wrap each pepper around a strip of cheese; place in a greased 10 x 6 x 2-inch baking dish.
- Combine eggs and milk; beat in flour, baking powder, and salt until smooth. Pour over peppers in baking dish. Sprinkle Cheddar cheese over top.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 30 minutes, or until golden. DO NOT OVERBAKE. Yield: 6 servings and very good!
NotesNot the usual chilies rellenos, but a tasty variation...
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Lizz Delicious Cookbook Vol. 1
Vegan Glass Jar GoodiesSee More
Honey Cake (mézeskalács) As My Mother Makes
Delicious, flaky, lard-free pie crustSee More