- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4 to 6
- Preparation Time: 25 minutes
- 1 recipe Coriander Paprika Spice Rub
- 1/2 lb. peeled and deveined cooked cocktail shrimp, chopped
- 2 medium cucumbers
- 1 15-oz. can chickpeas (garbanzo beans) rinsed and drained
- 1.2 cup tahini (sesame seed paste)
- 1/4 cup packed fresh mint leaves
- 2 T. lemon juice
- 1 T. olive oil
- 1 T. honey
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1 1/2 tsp. ground coriander
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 3 cups ice cubes
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- In a small bowl combine 1 tsp. ground coriander, 1/2 tsp. paprika, 1/4 tsp. salt, and 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper.
- In medium bowl toss shrimp with spice rub;set aside.
- Thinly slice cucumbers to measure 1/3 cup; set aside. Peel, seed, and cut up remaining cucumbers.
- In blender combine cup up cucumbers, chickpeas, tahini, mint, lemon juice, olive oil, honey, garlic, coriander, cayenne, salt and pepper.
- Cover; blend until smooth, scraping sides as needed.
- Just before serving, with motor running, add ice cubes, a few at a time, through lid opening until smooth and thickened(blender will be full)
- Pour into bowls. Top soup with shrimp, sliced cucumber, tomatoes, and green onions
Simple Homemade Favorites
DIY Tasty Gift Ideas
Second Grade Holiday Cookbook 2014See More
Dark Molten Chocolate Cakes
Shrimp and Penne Pasta Salad with Pesto, Bocconcini and Cherry Tomatoes
Turkey and Heirloom Tomato Frittata with BasilSee More