- Cooking Time: 15
- Servings: 1
- Preparation Time: 10
- ◦¾ cup finely diced, seeded, unpeeled cucumber
- ◦½ cup chopped pure basil
- ◦¼ cup perfectly chopped red-colored onion
- ◦2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- ◦3 pounds tomatoes, chopped
- ◦3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- ◦2 teaspoons salt
- ◦½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1.Combine ¼ cup cucumber, 2 tablespoons basil, 2 tablespoons onion and 2 teaspoons essential oil in one small container.
- 2.Working in batches, puree tomatoes, vinegar, salt, pepper and remaining cucumber, basil and onion in a food processor or blender.
- 3.Serve instantly or refrigerate. Garnish with diced cucumber-onion fusion.
- 4.Drizzle each serving with 1 teaspoon olive oil.
NotesThis quick and easy tomato soup is delicious hot or cold. Tomato soup is with very little extra flavoring, the natural sweetness of the tomatoes truly glows through. This chilly tomato soup meal minimal fat, low-fat, vegetarian. It is surprisingly simple, and tastes wonderful.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Gluten-Free - Making do with what you got!
Lau Family Recipes
Julie Tries ... Her Friends' RecipesSee More
Hungarian Beef Paprika
Fresh Tuna Tacos
RICH BLUEBERRY BARSSee More