- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 3/4 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 cup butter (2 sticks)
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 1/3 cup sliced or whole almonds
- Mix first 5 ingredients together in a bowl.
- Cut in butter until mixture looks like cornmeal.
- Add egg and almond extract. Mix well.
- Roll out 1/4" thick and cut with a 2" round cookie cutter -–OR–- make into 1" balls and flatten each slightly with a glass dipped in flour.
- Place cookies on ungreased cookie sheet about 1" apart. They will not spread much.
- Brush with beaten egg white and top with a whole almond or three slices.
- Bake at 325 for approx. 15 minutes. Do not let them brown.
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 2 Desserts and Cakes
HalFire: A Passion for HotWings!
"Pretty Food" for the home ChefSee More
GINGERBREAD(LAURA INGALLS WILDER)
Boneless Roast Turkey Breast With Blueberry Salsa
Perfect Easter HamSee More